GIS/ArcInfo: How do I attach attributes from Oracle output to Moss import files?
The information in this article applies to:
- MOSSARC to import moss files. Be sure to state point or poly. Build and clean.
- Make .txt attribute files comma-delimited and add commas wherever data is missing, including the end of lines. Line CANNOT end in a space!! Convert file using "dos2unix" command.
- In Tables, DEFINE a new info file with the attributes as listed in the .txt file. Make sure that one of the attributes matches exactly the COVER# in the polygon coverage.
- ADD <variable list> FROM <.txt file>.
- In ARC, JOINITEM <polygon coverage.pat> <new info file.pat> <polygon.pat> <join item> <start item>.